Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome to the Sick house!!

J is mean, er...sick, Daddy has a staph infection, and I am just STRESSED!! Daddy had a mysterious and very paiful bump show up on his stomach early last week. By Thursday, the pain was 10 times worse and unbearable for him. He thought it was a spider bite, I was almost certain it was a staph infection, which it is. The Dr prescribed him an antibiotic, but nothing is helping the pain. It gets worst each day and it will not feel better until the infection drains. It sucks and I feel so bad for him. I am also realizing just how much I've been missing his help lately. J started running fevers on Friday night. It would go up as high as 103 and then I could get it to stay at 100. As of tonight, he's been fever free for 24 hours, but he does have a little cold and he is not a happy camper. He's a MEAN camper!! LOL! He has been losing his little temper and just being plain naughty. I guess it's his way of showing that he is frustrated at his body b/c he is tired but he still wants to have fun. Well, can Mommy's do the same and not get looked at like they are crazy?? Because I am frustrated b/c I am tired and I want to have some ME TIME!! Instead, I've been doing everything for J, helping Daddy, keeping up with the house, and taking care of the dogs. Since Friday, I swear I've only had 1 meal a day and I have had no appetite. Saturday I had to remind myself to eat b/c I was just so busy taking care of everyone else. Yesterday I could hardly get out of bed and I stayed there until 11am. Daddy told me he was able to get up with J and feed him breakfast and that helped me to regroup. Today was pretty bad and then I found out that Daddy has to leave tomorrow to go to Memphis for the week. So I'm feeling like there is no end in sight. I was desperate for a few minutes to myself today and I think someone was praying for me today b/c J, who has been fighting naptime lately, went down for a 2 hour nap today with no fuss at all. I jumped online and started dream shopping for a new lens for my camera. Tonight, after I cooked, served dinner, got J bathed and ready for bed, cleaned the kitchen, and read bedtime stories, daddy came into the room and fed me a plan to make the best of a tough situation. He leaves tomorrow evening for Memphis. On Thursday, I'll drop our dogs off at the doggie hotel and J and I will drive to Memphis to meet Daddy. His assignment there is complete on Friday morning and we will spend the weekend in Memphis. A well needed family getaway. I think we all could use a change of scenery right now! And here's the icing on the cake... Daddy must have noticed me dream shopping earlier and asked about the lens I wanted for my camera. I showed it to him and he grabbed my mouse and put it in the cart and ordered me a new lens. He told me "Happy Columbus Day"!! LOL! Gosh I love him. Not b/c he buys me things (LOL! That sounds funny!) but b/c he shows me how much he appreciates the things I do for our family and he knows when I need a pick me up.

And since I never feel right leaving you with a post and no picture, here's my boy and the shirt say's it all ;)



Check back tomorrow for pictures from our trip to the pumpkin patch. Time for me to change Daddy's dressing!

No comments: