Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday J!!!

One year ago today, I was expecting to just spend the day at home watching television and shopping for my Secret Santa. I had just left the house to get a Borders Bookstore giftcard for my SS when my cell phone rang. "Are you ready to come and get your son??" OMG YES!!!! We made the 3 hour drive and met our son later that night. It seems like it was just yesterday that I laid eyes on a beautiful baby boy with a head full of hair, and an uncanny resemblance to my husband. Even the nurses made comments on that! I knew from that point on that it was God's will. J changed our lives completely and made us so happy. We've been through so much in his first year of life: Colic, Reflux, Food Allergies, the passing of my grandma (his great grandma), daddy's promotion, J's first big injury (chipped tooth). I love every minute of being his mommy, even during the tantrums, LOL! And I also love seeing how much Daddy is in love with his little guy! He is still waiting for the best day to get J outdoors for some pictures of them in matching NY Giant sportsgear. J gets so excited when his daddy gets home from work. It's the sweetest thing and I thank God for bringing us together.

Also on this day, I want to remember and pray for J's birthmom. This is a special and happy day for us, but it may be an emotional and sad day for her. It's the day that she was separated from a baby whom she bonded with for 9 months. It had to be a difficult thing and I'm sure that today she will have a flood of emotions. Please remember her in your prayers today. I'll leave you with a few pictures from Dec 4, 2006 and from Dec 1, 2007!





4 comments:

Haylie said...

wow your son is sso adorible he is like a miniture you i am so happy that you are happy

LL said...

Happy B-day jayden! I have said this beofre, he has the most beautiful eyes...I just melt. Praying for jayden's birthmom.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jayden! All of your cyber-aunties think you are so handsome and funny and smart!

katd said...

How beautiful is that last picture? Pure happiness!