Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just because I never want to forget it...

I've been working part time at our gym since November and on the nights that I work, I don't get off until 8 or 8:30. Usually when I get home, Jayden is just getting out of the bathtub (we let him stay up a bit later when I work so that I can still say prayers with him and tuck him in) and he comes downstairs to see me. Well last night I worked and his daddy wanted to work out so Jayden ended up in childcare at the gym while I was working. I wasn't in the childcare room, though, I was with the infants. But he was able to see me, talk to me, and kiss me over the half wall. When Mike came to get him, he asked to listen to "dancing" which is what he calls the MP3 player. So he was so preoccupied with listening and dancing that he forgot to tell me goodbye and didn't hear me when I yelled goodbye to him. So I think that is what warranted the dramatic welcome home I got from him when I made it home.

I came in and I heard him getting out of the tub and saying "Mommy? Mommy home? Mommy?" He came down the stairs, smelling fresh and looking so cute in some new pjs. He looked at me and his entire face lit up and he yelled "Mooooo mmmeeeeeeeee!!" Then he took off running, all the while shouting "Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy!!" straight into my arms!! I picked him up and he started kissing me all over my face and hugging me. WOW!! I loved every minute!! Then he just hugged on me and smiled :) So glad that even at the age of 4, he is still a mommy's boy!

A quick update on his health: He had a little bit of seizure activity on Sunday morning but nothing major. However, he had a pretty bad one at school today and he slept for half the day. Once he woke up he was fine. He will be admitted to the hospital on the 24th for his video EEG and we will go from there.

No comments: