Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In the midst of a storm

When it rains it pours...

Jayden went to the Dr about a week ago for a really nasty cough and wheezing. He had a low grade temp. He had to get a breathing treatment in the office and was sent home on an albuterol every 4 hours. He had a respiratory virus. Well, the cough never went away and then on Friday he started running a high fever. Tylenol and Motrin would bring it down but within a few hours it would shoot right back up as high as 105.2. I took him to the Dr today and chest xrays immediately confirmed he has pneumonia :( His O2 Saturation was at 97% so the Dr felt comfortable allowing us to treat him at home with antibiotics but if he still has fevers over 100 by Friday, she's going to admit him. He's very uncomfortable and has just been lying in bed all day complaining that his body hurts :(

Also, my grandfather passed away early this morning. Mom didn't want to tell me until I got out of the Drs office with Jayden. That's why she asked where I was when she called me twice before, then told me to call her back. I got the news in the parking lot of CVS. Cried my eyes out :( I was already missing him since last Sunday, which was the last time he was able to actually talk to us. now I'm missing him so much more. It hurts.

However, I cannot doubt that my Lord is carrying me right now. How else am I still able to function? My husband is out of town. I'm on my own right now with a baby who has pneumonia and I just lost my grandfather. I don't have my comfort here with me right now, yet I'm feeling so strong. Thank you, Lord, for carrying me.

No comments: