Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Saturday, we took J out to the Pumpkin patch to pick his pumpkin. This particular pumpkin patch was about 30 minutes away from home, but it was well worth the ride. Once we got there we got straight onto the hayride to ride through the farm and get to the pumpkin patch. On the way there, we saw some really cool sights. First we saw April, the Zedonk! She's a cross between a zebra and a donkey! LOL!



We rode past some regular donkeys who were really friendly and came up to the tractor for the kids to pet them. We also saw some goats, cows, and a pond FILLED with Mississippi catfish! It was really cool. Next we rode past some trees with little orange things growing on them.



We were told that these were pumpkin trees and that this is where they get the pumpkins for the pumpkin patch. I find that hard to believe, but I've seen stranger things...like a zedonk!! LOL!

Finally we arrived at the pumpkin patch and I have to say that I was impressed with the variety of shapes and sizes of pumpkins available for the kids. Last year, we took J to the AG museum's "pumpkin patch" and the pumpkins were all tiny. J was unsure of the pumpkins at first.


But it didn't take him long to start his search for the perfect pumpkin.


Hey Mom I think I found one!!


Yep, I like this one!!


So we grabbed his pumpkin and attempted to get him to take a picture with it. This didn't go so well b/c he really wasn't feeling too good.


These next two pictures make me laugh b/c he was totally done with taking pictures and you can see it all in his face!! LOL! He asked me to pick him up, then turned to his daddy with the same look on his face!



We took him down and my friend found something to make him smile, even if only for a few minutes...



I was so proud of him for holding on like a big, strong boy! After that, we took him to a little straw maze.



Overall, we had a great time. Jayden fell asleep in the car 5 minutes into the ride home, and actually stayed asleep once we got home. We brought home 3 nice sized pumpkins and we'll carve them once we return from Memphis this weekend. Fun times!

No comments: