Friday, December 5, 2008

Birthday recap...

Disclaimer: Yesterday I decided not to be a photographer...instead I became a MWAC (Mom With A Camera) so please excuse the quality of these pics!!

Yesterday was a pretty good day for the new 2 yr old in our house. That morning, we watched his favorite movie, Finding Nemo, and had a picnic style lunch on the living room floor...



Sweet potatoe fries for lunch...his favorite and one of the only things I can be sure he will eat. FWIW, He had V-8 Fusion in his sippy, so he did get a serving of fruit and veggies, unbeknownst to him ;) I was going to let him skip his nap if he wanted, but when he started to get irritable and bang his head on things, I knew he needed his nap, so to his room he went and I went to the kitchen to bake his cupcakes...



Daddy got home soon after. J usually takes 3-3.5 hour naps (lucky me, I know!!) but I thought it would be sad for him to sleep so long on his birthday, especially since he went to sleep at 1:30 meaning he probably wouldn't be up until 5. I figured a 2 hour nap would be enough for him, so I decided to wake up a child who HATES having his sleep disturbed, thinking that the sight of cupcakes and gifts would take away the sting. Well...you be the judge of how that worked out...











So, I did video some of the scene, but I will spare you the footage b/c it's full of crying!! He wanted to be happy and smile, but his sleep was interrupted and he was just not a happy camper. So I hope my mom sees this b/c she thinks I'm joking when I tell her to leave him in his room, even if you believe he's been napping too long!! He gets up when he's ready, even on his birthday! lol!

So he played with his new train set for about an hour before we got him dressed to go to Santa's Wonderland at The Bass Pro Shop. After a small mishap and a fall from the dining room chair (which was miraculously healed by some Nemo fruits snacks) we headed out the door to Santa's Wonderland. It was BEAUTIFUL.

First, J wrote a letter to Santa...





Then Daddy helped him to mail it to Santa...


Then he got to sit on the big guy's lap!


Then he just ran free in that beautiful wonderland! He played games, hid in tents and even got to sit in Santa's rocking chair.



Then he caught a ride on a 4 wheeler, which I warned Daddy I will never allow at our home!



Finally, to end a perfect night, we took J to Cracker Barrel for some pancakes for dinner! He cleaned his plate :) His tummy was so full that he barely made it home with both eyes open. What a great day! Today we head out to my parents' house for his big train party on tomorrow!! Happy Birthday J! Thank you for filling our lives with so much joy!

1 comment:

LL said...

What a fabulous birthday! you are truly blessed.