Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24

Today I am thankful for the knowledge God has provided me with and the lessons I've been taught by my very own son! I started my new part time job today in the youth activity center at our gym and was saddened by some of the comments made (or eye rolls) by the workers towards some of the kids and their behaviors. I am not ashamed to admit that I would have been one of them prior to Jayden. I was ignorant towards the different ways that kids develop and the different issues that many kids deal with today. I now understand that what works for one kid does not work for all. I've learned patience and understanding. And what I've learned most, out of everything, is that each kid, no matter how well behaved (or not), deserves just as much love and respect as the next.

No comments: