Friday, October 23, 2009

Potty Training

So, we know it's time to ditch the diapers. Jayden will be 3 in December and most (I think ALL) of the kids in his social circle are out of diapers by now, and they are all boys so the excuse "boys are harder to train" just won't fly! LOL! We are expecting him to have a hard time with bowel movements due to the fact that he has to have a daily stool softner and even with that, he only goes 3 times a week and he can't seem to control it so we will have to see how that goes, but we won't rush him.

So our intentions were to start him today, 3 days of no pants or a diaper. He actually woke up Thursday morning (I was still in Slidell at my parents and he was home with Daddy) and said "pee pee". My husband thought that he wantd his diaper changed so they went to Jayden's room to change him but Jayden started crying and crossed his leg. So my husband sat Jayden on the toilet and Jayden said "3 2 1..." and peed,and then yelled "YAY!!!" So yesterday after his nap, we went to walmart and let him pick out some briefs (He chose Toy Story) and even though I highly despise potties, we got him one that plays music whenever he pees in it. We want to make it fun for him, so I need to forget about my disgust for those pots and do it for him! Today, he had ZERO accidents and peed on the potty twice. He seems to be holding it until his bladders hurts him though so hopefully he gets used to the idea and this won't become a problem. I do sit him on the potty once every 30 minutes even if he doesn't ask, just to try. He also took a 3.5 hour nap today (in a diaper) and woke up dry! Day 1 was definitely successful!

1 comment:

LL said...

Yay for day 1!! And woo hooo for J!!!!