Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another one...

Jayden had another seizure today. It was very short, but he was still just as lethargic and non responsive as he was when he had the seizure on Thanksgiving day. The ER doctors told us that it's okay for him to sleep after the seizures b/c they wear him out, so we let him go to sleep and I am eyeing him like a hawk. Surprisingly, I didn't freak out when he had the seizure like I thought I would have. I just felt sorry for him b/c he was so uncomfortable and scared. I am worried, though, b/c I want to know why he keeps having them. I want to know what's wrong with him. I want the Dr to fix it. I left a message for the nurse and I'm waiting for a call back. Please pray for my baby.

********************************************************************
Update: The Dr just called us back. Jayden's MRI is normal (THANK YOU LORD!!), now I can stop inspecting his head for lumps and knots that don't belong there! However, his EEG is still abnormal, but that is no surprise b/c we are seeing the seizures happen. So he may be epileptic. The Dr is starting him on the pediatric dose of Keppra, in addition to his Trileptal. The Dr warned us that Keppra is known to cause behavior problems in small children. This could be a problem b/c Jayden is currently in behavior therapy. But the seizures have to get undder control, so we will do what we need to do. Hopefully once the seizures are controlled, his behavior will get better. I have noticed a difference since he started the Trileptal, so hopefully the Keppra won't make much of a difference. He has to go back in to see the Dr in Jan, so I will keep you posted. Please keep praying for us!

No comments: