Monday, April 20, 2009

I am so upset!!

I got a call at 8am this morning from J's OT. She called to tell me that unfortunately, they can no longer see the kids who are funded through EI b/c they ran out of funds and EI will not be able to pay the contracted therapists. So his speech therapy and occupational therapy has been cancelled due to lack of funds. What pisses me off is that I have YET to hear from the Early Intervention coordinator. She should have been the one contacting me to tell me of this issue. That way I can ask her the questions I have as far as where to go from here b/c J obviously NEEDS the therapy and without them, he will regress. Some of you older readers may remember how hard of a time I had getting in touch with her about getting J his OT. It took WEEKS to get her to return several messages I left for her. I am so tired of working with this program. They are so unorganized and don't seem to care. When I worked in pediatrics, I always treated the kids and the parents the way I would want my child and myself to be treated in that situation. If it were their child going through what J is going through, I am pretty sure things wouldn't be so laid back and unimportant. Don't get me wrong, I know that the terrible economy can be the cause for their lack of funds at the moment, but it's just they way that I had to find out and that I did not get a call from Early Intervention. It was not the therapists responsibility to call and tell me this, but they did b/c they know that our particular coordinator is not good at making phone calls when she should and they didn't want us waiting home on them.

So now my baby is once a again, trapped in the system. He can't continue getting the services he needs b/c EI ran out of funds, and we cannot go private b/c no one in this area accepts tricare insurance. I have no idea what we will do from here, but I'm giving it to God...

No comments: