Friday, April 24, 2009

The sweetest thing

This is a moment I want to blog just so that I will never forget it!

One of my husband's coworkers had a BBQ today that started at 7pm. Usually it's something we would skip b/c J's bedtime is 8:30, but we figured we'd go and let him stay up a little later if he could handle that. Well they didn't get the meat on the grill until close to 8, and we didn't want to eat and run so we ended up staying at the house until 10! Jayden was tired and cranky, but he could have been much worse so I'm not complaining. Anyway, we got home at 10:30 and I put him straight in the tub b/c he'd been playing in dirt. He took a quick bath, flashed Daddy (his new favorite game!), then got his nighttime sensory massage. When I put him down he did the sign for milk, so we went to the kitchen and got his milk. He only drank half of it and came and gave me the half empty sippy cup and signed good night. Then he said "Nigh Nigh" and walked out of my room. I figured he was just going to play with his daddy, but then I hear this sweet voice over the monitor "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!" I yell "Mommy's coming!" and then I hear "Okay." OMG, so sweet! I get to his room and he is sitting in bed ready to be tucked in! When I walked in, he laid on his pillow and had his hands ready for prayer. I tucked him in, said his prayer, and kissed him goodnight. All is quiet. Wow. He's getting to be such a big boy!

Today at the BBQ someone mentioned how he is a bundle of energy, and he truly is...he's nonstop. But I said "Well he's a good sleeper at night, I can give him that." And certainly is! Bedtime has never been a fight with him...naptime...that's a different story! LOL!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh what a sweet boy! He sounds like he is getting so big, learning more responsibility, learning more about expectations. Sounds like he is really making progress! Glad you enjoyed your night ;)