Jayden had his MRI done this morning and this time they used contrast so they could get a better look at his brain. The last MRI was done without contrast. He was such a trooper and even went back with the anesthesia nurse without a fight or fear. They told us that he did well but we have to wait to hear back from the Dr for the results. That part sucks :(
After the MRI, we went to Children's Hospital emergency room. Why? Because yesterday I left a message with his current neurologist about the daily seizure activity. Instead of getting a call back from their office, the hospital's patient relations representative called me. She said "We advise you bring him to Children's Hospital." I was so confused by this that I never asked why, so I just took him. Those ER docs were just as confused as we were, but they refused to release Jayden until something was done to keep him from having to endure daily seizures until January 4th which is his scheduled appointment with the new neurologist at Children's Epilepsy Center. After almost 2 hours of waiting (and several phone calls placed by the ER docs) we have an appt to see the nurse practitioner at Children's Hospital next Wednesday and an on call neurologist agreed to advise us to raise his dosage of his current meds b/c, simply put, the seizures have to stop before damage is done. Keep praying for Jayden!
Top o’ the Summer To Ye
2 days ago