Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sick Day

I woke up this morning in severe pain. Nauseating pain. I got J out of his crib and had to put him in bed with me for a few minutes, hoping the pain would go away. It didn't. I called my mom while I fixed J's breakfast and she told me I needed to go to the Dr TODAY! Well I usually don't go to the Dr much, and the primary Dr I have on my tricare insurance is AWFUL, yet I never got around to switching. The way Tricare works, they won't let you change your PCM immediately, unless the Dr moved or we moved. Otherwise, it takes 30 days to change the Dr. So I bit the bullet and called the Dr's office for an appt. Here's how the call went:

Me: Good morning. I am calling to see if Dr. C has any available appt's for today.
Receptionist: Dr.C's father died so he's out and we don't know when he'll be back.
Me: Okay, is anyone seeing his patients while he's out?
Receptionist: No.
Me: So what are his patients to do if they need to see a Dr ASAP or have an emergency?
Receptionist: Emergency?
Me: Yes ma'am. He is a Dr correct?
Receptionist: He's a clinic Dr.
Me: But clinic patients have emergencies.
Receptionist: Go to the ER.

I had to hang up on her b/c there was so much that I could have told her but it wasn't worth it. That clinic does not care about it's patients. I am so angry and I will probably take this a step further and report them. I called Tricare and explained the problem. Tricare called and they actually were able to give Tricare a date on when he'd be back, but she told me that they had no idea when he'd be back. He wouldn't be back until the middle of August so Tricare allowed me to switch Drs. I saw a Dr and I have an ulcer. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh ouchie! I have 4. Welcome to the club. I am so glad you were able to get in.

Michelle