Sunday, August 31, 2008

100th post!!

Wow. I can't believe that this is my 100th post on this blog. Way to go me!! I plan to follow blog tradition and post 100 fascinating (or not so fascinating) things about me. Enjoy!

1. I am 100% consumed by this scary hurricane threatening my home town once again.
2. I did not sleep a wink last night and don't think I'll sleep tonight either.
3. It's like deja vu.
4. Praying the storm spares New Orleans this time around.
5. I know you aren't surprised that my first few were about the hurricane.
6. Did I mention I'm consumed??
7. So about me...I was born on June 18, 1980 and I am most certainly a Gemini ;)
8. I grew up in a mixed family situation. My older brother and I have the same mom and dad. My younger brother has a different dad but same mom. I have a half sister and two half brothers who have the same dad as I do, but different moms. Follow me?
9. "Half" is usually never used when asked our relationships to each other and I'm very close to my sister.
10. My "step" dad adopted my older brother and I when we were 4 and 2 yrs old.
11. I call him Daddy :)
12.I was, and still am, a huge animal lover.
13. My first pet was a white hamster I named Rocky.
14. I got him as a christmas gift when I was 10 yrs old
15. I haven't been without a pet since then.
16. I currently have 2 dogs, a bird, and a fish.
17. My most loved childhood pet was my cat, Sox, that my mom got for me when I was 12 yrs old.
18. He was hit by a car when I was 22.
19. I went to private school for 8 out of 12 yrs in school. Public school years were 4th grade and 10th-12th grades.
20. I was born in New Orleans, La and lived there until I was 15yrs old. We then moved to Mobile, Al when Dad's job transferred him.
21. We moved to Gretna, La a yr later, right outside of New Orleans.
22. 11th grade was the first year I had to go to school without my older brother. I was very nervous.
23. I was on the dance team and the track team in grades 11 and 12.
24. Due to number 23, I have cartilage damage in both knees.
25. I dated the quarterback on our football team.
26. My very first niece was born at the end of my 11th grade year.
27. I was awarded a presidential scholarship to attend Tuskegee University.
28. I remember the day my parents dropped me off at college.
29. My mom had a hard time leaving me in my dorm room. I cried when she left.
30. Dad said she cried the entire drive home.
31. I was surprised to find out that my best friend from kindergarten was residing in the same dorm as I was.
32. We became best friends once again.
33. I majored in Biology/pre med with dreams of becoming a pediatrician.
34. Took classes for 3 semesters at Tuskegee.
35. My mom had a work related accident and went on disability.
36. Tuition became too much for them.
37. I was supposed to withdraw after the second semester, but the Dean helped me to apply for another scholarship.
38. Unfortunately, it didn't help as much as my parents needed it to.
39. I regretfully left all of my college friends and memories behind.
40. But honestly was a bit happy to be home with family.
41. Transferred my credits to University of New Orleans.
42. The professors there were not as thorough as the professors I had at Tuskegee.
43. At UNO the professors went strictly by the clock. If you didn't grasp the lesson by the time class was over, too bad.
44. That won't fly when you are studying pre-med
45. Two semesters there, then my grades went spiraling down.
46. Took medical assistant classes at Bryman College while working full time at the bank.
47. I was going to school from 6am-10am and working from 11am-7pm.
48. Long days, but I was making it work.
49. During this time I started having very painful periods and started to urinate huge blood clots.
50. I saw several doctors and was misdiagnosed several times.
51. Even had a Dr to tell me "I'm sorry I simply can't help you anymore!"
52. At 22 yrs old, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and uterine fibroid disease.
53. I was told that I would *probably* have a hard time having children.
54. Soon after being diagnosed, I met a man who would later become my best friend and my husband.
55. We met outside of the Louisiana Superdome on November 24, 2002.
56. Found out that we lived less than 5 miles away from each other.
57. 3 months after meeting him, I had to have surgery to remove a fibroid from my uterus.
58. This was the first of many surgeries I'd endure with him by my side.
59. We dated for a year before deciding to get married.
60. We got married on July 3, 2004.
61. July 3 is my parents' anniversary.
62. July 3 is his parents' anniversary.
63. We went through alot in our first year of marriage.
64. I had an emergency surgery, found out chances of conceiving went down considerably, and when we thought things couldn't get worse, Hurricane Katrina hit home.
65. We went through alot and managed to stay together.
66.Our favorite past time was going to the movies.
67. I say was, b/c we had to let that go once we became parents!
68. We decided to adopt in April of 2006 (after 7 failed inseminations) and were placed with our son in December of 2006.
69. Please don't think that it went as easy as it sounds.
70. Being a new mom is TOUGH!
71. I certainly do not miss the first few weeks.
72. I only planned to be a stay at home mom for the first year of his life.
73. He will be 2 in December. I'm still home with him.
74. I am a planner (read control freak), and having a child has definitely challenged that part of me.
75. I am also a clean freak.
76. I hate anything cluttered.
77. I love cloudy days. They make for the best picture taking time.
78. I like to drive in the rain.
79. I do sing in the shower, and just be happy that it's the only place I sing :D
80. I look very young and sound even younger.
81. Because of the above, I often get treated with less respect and I have to prove (in a not so nice way) that I am actually a grown woman and not a high school student.
82. I like my pancakes crispy around the edges.
83. I can only drink half-caff or decaf coffee.
84. I rub my feet together every night before I go to sleep.
85. I often suffer with insomnia.
86. I worry too much about other people's feelings before my own.
87. I think online shopping is evil!
88. I like to shop online.
89. I always spend way too much money in Target.
90. I love Orville Redenbacher's microwave caramel popcorn.
91. I long to feel a baby grow and move inside my womb.
92. Had plans to move back to New Orleans in 2010 to be closer to family.
93. With the current weather issues, we are leaning more towards our second choice, which is somewhere along the Fl. Panhandle.
94. We love the gulfcoast.
95. I can't believe there are 3 other storms behind Gustav.
96. I love chicken hot dogs, scored on the grill.
97. I also love chinese food, but have yet to find a really good chinese restaurant out here in Jackson.
98. I'm running out of random things to type.
99. Had no idea that it would take so long to type a list of 100 things about me!
100. But I hope you enjoyed them and thanks for visiting my blog!!
75.

No comments: