Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mommy's little helper

J has taken to playing in his room alone, and being a fairly good boy while in there! But he takes notes of all things Mommy and Daddy do and he mocks them in his own little way. So yesterday I believe he was straightening up his room for me before his nap. I went in to get him and change his diaper before putting him in his crib and I reached down for the new pack of diapers that I'd left out. Empty. What? How could it be empty? We just purchased that pack of diapers 2 days ago and I swear it was full that morning. Where did that pampers go? I ask J, were are the pampers? He does his usual, "I don't know" shrug. So, I'm going crazy thinking I'm in the twilight zone and we did indeed use that pack of pampers in 2 days. I'm looking everywhere for them. I looked in his closet. In his drawers. In his crib. In his clothes hamper. In his toy box. Behind his glider. Can't find a trace of NOT.ONE.SINGLE.DIAPER. One last option...Look in the diaper pail...



Um. Yeah. He unpacked his diapers and put them where he sees mommy put diapers everyday. Only, mommy puts dirty diapers in there, not brand spankin new ones! Thank goodness it was trash day and I'd just cleaned out the pail that morning. And he had every single diaper in the pail! Gotta love this age!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Don't you love it when they "Help"?

Ange said...

Oh my stars! I'm so glad to know this stuff doesn't just happen to me. ;-)